The following are links to facts about the current state of America and the dwindling future that continues to plague the land, the people, and the rotted government.
- We’re borrowing the equivalent of the entire GDP of Germany every two years – ($3 trillion) – and that’s just Federal borrowing.
- A company called SunPower got a $1.2 billion loan guarantee from the Obama administration, and as of January, the company owed more than it was worth. Brightsource got a $1.6 billion loan guarantee and posted a string of net losses totaling $177 million. And, of course, let’s not forget Solyndra — the solar panel manufacturer that received $535 million in taxpayer-funded loan guarantees and went bankrupt, leaving taxpayers on the hook.
- China And Japan Dropping Dollar Cross Rate System, Will Transact Directly. There are many more countries that are trading outside of the USD; such as Venezuela and Iran. Believe it. The USD days are numbered.
- The sabotage of Facebook’s IPO. On 18-May-2012, within seconds of the opening in Facebook, we noticed an exceptional occurrence: Nasdaq quotes had higher bid prices than ask prices. Can you believe this crap?! Even after the 2008 bubble explosion stateside an investor can’t even get a decent investment going or a return from a titan like Facebook?! Who F’d that one up?!
- Marc Faber Sees 100% Probability Of Global Recession In 2013. Anyone who believes that America is going back to the days of greatness that we’ve come to know and love is a FOOL! We are interconnected with the world now, no thanks to our leaders, and we will fall with the world too. A struggle is coming and it will haunt the planet for a long time.
- Many have been conditioned through years of public schooling to see the state as Eden (public schooling can be a wonderful vehicle for brainwashing the future generations). Decades of the predominant welfare state have not only created a reliable voting constituency dependent on handouts, it has perpetuated the Santa Clause-like image of the state. What isn’t considered is the overall social degeneration that is a byproduct of the so-called “social safety net.”
- Dollar Backwardation. That says it all. The world reserve currency is going backwards.
- It may not be quite the 0% coupon which Germany got yesterday for its 2 year bonds (soon realistically going negative if the demand is there), but lending $35 billion to Uncle Sam at a cash interest of 0.625% and a record low yield of 0.748% is still quite remarkable. Because with this auction, total US debt/GDP is now almost 103% (rounded up). We got loaned more money. Actually your kids and the future of this debt laden nation just sunk a bit deeper into the red. These vampires in office love whoring for credit and loans.
- More Than 30 Blocks Of Grey & Decay. Have you ever gone to a struggling city? Why don’t you visit Detroit, Michigan; Oakland, California; New Orleans, Louisiana? I know why. Because you’re afraid. You should be. Those places have been hit exceptionally hard by natural disasters and/or the economic downturn.
- US Citizens Now One Step Closer To Becoming Permanent Tax Slaves. I can’t stand the fact that many of our American made corporations have left home for global positioning in the world market to hire cheap labor (laying off Americans) and to create products made of low quality materials (sometimes dangerous materials). They should be reeled in. But to punish individual American citizens for wanting to find a safer, saner, and friendlier retirement community by becoming an expat? This is fascism!
- Three years ago, the government in all its glory and sound central-planning decided to provide a fully-FDIC-backed facility to allow banks to raise capital at ultra-cheap cost of funds in the middle of the crisis. The Term-Loan-Guarantee-Program (TLGP) has not been far from our thoughts but the next month or so is going to be increasingly anxiety-inducing for the banks that took advantage of that bailout. By the end of June 2012 (i.e. the next six weeks) there is almost $60 billion of TLGP debt that matures for US banks (and will need to be refinanced we assume). So what banking fees are going to increase because of this? Will I need to pay just to open an account now? Ridiculous!
- A month ago we warned that JPM’s CIO office is nothing short of the world’s largest prop trading desk. Not only were we right, but what just transpired is just shy of our worst possible prediction. At the end of the day, the real question is why did JPM put in so much money at risk in a prop trade because we can dispense with the bullshit that his was a hedge, right? Simple: because it knew with 100% certainty that if things turn out very, very badly, that the taxpayer, via the Fed, would come to its rescue. JPM has been around for a long time. There are some large conspiracies about this company and its founder, J.P. Morgan as well. I predicted that they would buy up Washington Mutual. I had heard that JPM/Chase was looking for a west coast bank to buy for more of a national presence. What happened soon after? Washington Mutual magically exploded internally and JPM moved in to purchase Washington Mutual for pennies on the dollar. How convenient. Now they have a trader who’s blew a minimum of $2 billion?! Really?! Smells like bs. Perhaps they just want to create more fear in the pseudo capitalist economy so that we have even more reason to rail against it.
- On a side note, The Wisdom of Thucydides. A very interesting writeup from way back on the state of man and politics. What happened to us?
These are but a few snippets of what is transpiring within our economy, the halls of our political leaders, and the corporations who rule much of the business sector. One cannot sanely believe that capitalism was hijacked by corporations alone (giving birth to corporatism and the socialistic polices being thrown at us). Our corrupt government leaders are just as devious when it comes to steering this free country; meaning they act stupid so that we, the sheeple, can identify with them (yes, in general, we have become misinformed, hence stupid). In actuality they are power hungry globalists who wish to destroy the independence of nationalism, capitalism, family, and self-responsibility. By allowing greedy sharks into the halls of power, we the people have sealed our fates to them by not only believing their lies and falling for the emotional side of debate (as opposed to logic) but we have turned our primary focus to buying stuff and watching television. What the fuck happened to us? We were warriors! Now we are fast food dependent sacks of shit with shrinking cognitive abilities, no muscle tone, and no stomach for fighting for what is rightfully ours! Gawd!
All the reporting/links in this post are from www.zerohedge.com. Talk about keepin’ it real!